The Orlando Economic Development Commission (EDC) announced today that the Orlando region is one of fDi Magazine’s (Foreign Direct Investment) top 10 “American Cities of the Future” in several categories including: top 10 large city overall, top 10 large city for economic potential, top 10 large city for connectivity, and top 10 large city for FDI strategy. The results will be published in the April/May issue of the magazine.
- Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, (Japan) the manufacturing plant for turbines and components is located in Orlando alongside the company’s western hemisphere headquarters for power generation systems.
- Siemens, (Germany) U.S. center for global fossil power generation headquartered in Orlando. Also operates a wind turbine technician training facility in the region.
- Signature Flight Support, BBA Aviation, (United Kingdom) the world’s largest network of Fixed Base Operators (FBOs) providing support services for business and private aviation with corporate business unit headquarters in downtown Orlando.
- Mazor Robotics, (Israel) a producer of advanced health care technology such as a robot that was instrumental in performing the world’s first deep brain simulation surgery with its U.S. headquarters in Orlando.
- Italico Aviation, (Italy) an airplane manufacturer that opened a facility at the Kissimmee Gateway Airport to manufacture light sports aircraft.