Liefke Meyers, vice president of investor relations, is one of the recipients of this year’s Orlando Business Journal 40 Under 40 award. The award recognizes Orlando leaders who have played a key role in shaping the community.
Liefke has worked for the EDC since 2013. Her responsibilities include managing initiatives to increase the EDC’s private sector funding and implementing plans to identify, attract, nurture, service and retain EDC investors. Additionally, Liefke and her team manage the two premier EDC events: the BBQ on the Boulevard and the James B. Greene Award dinner.
“The Orlando EDC is excited that Liefke’s hard work and expertise as our VP of Investor Relations is recognized by the Orlando Business Journal,” said Crystal Sircy, executive vice president of the Orlando EDC. “She has shown great leadership and innovation as the Orlando EDC currently has the highest level of private sector investment for any EDC in the state.”
Prior to joining the EDC, Liefke worked at Enterprise Florida for six years as the director of investor relations. In this role, she maintained private sector investors and managed the Enterprise Florida board, which is led by the governor of Florida.
The Orlando Business Journal also honored 12 Orlando leaders from companies who invest in the EDC. These honorees include:
- Jessi Blakely, Tavistock Group
- Dr. Jamin Brahmbhatt, The PUR Clinic
- Camille Evans, Greenburg Traurig PA
- Heather Fagan, City of Orlando
- Erin Gray, CNL Financial Group Inc.
- Priscila Kalagian, Heart of Florida United Way
- Brandan Lanman, Orlando Science Center
- Melody Lynch, Lowndes, Drosdick, Kantor & Reed PA
- Christopher McCullion, City of Orlando
- David Shook, Florida Hospital for Children
- Joshua Snyder, Rollins College Center for Advanced Entrepreneurship
- Danny White, UCF Athletics