The Orlando Economic Development Commission (EDC) is proud to announce its 2015-16 incoming officers on the Board of Directors.
David Fuller, President, SunTrust Foundation will serve as the Orlando EDC’s new Chair; Robert Utsey, Senior Vice President of Business Development for Skanska USA Building Inc. will serve as Vice Chair; and Ken Potrock, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Disney Vacation Club & Adventures by Disney will serve as Secretary/Treasurer. Thomas K. Sittema, Chief Executive Officer of CNL Financial Group is the Orlando EDC’s Past Chair.
Fuller thanked Sittema for his leadership during the past year and encouraged new and current board members to be ambassadors for the region and continue to build the Orlando business branding campaign, “Orlando. You don’t know the half of it.”
“We are in a great position to promote the region’s diverse economy and establish Orlando as a top location for business,” said Fuller. “I’m very excited to continue our mission to develop the Orlando region alongside all of the dedicated leaders on the EDC board. The collaboration demonstrated here is instrumental to Orlando’s success as we combine our business experience with our passion to build a stronger region.”
Along with announcing new officers, the Orlando EDC also selected new Board of Directors members, including:
- Kathy Panter – President, Junior Achievement of Central Florida
- Dr. Kasey Kesselring – Headmaster, Montverde Academy
- Micky Grindstaff – Partner, Shutts & Bowen
- Daryl Holt – Vice President, Group COO, Electronic Arts
- Tom Smith – Area Vice President, Hyatt Regency Orlando
- John Davis – President, African American Chamber of Commerce Central Florida
- Khalid Muneer – Director, Asian American Chamber of Commerce Central Florida
The EDC has a number of key committees for investors to get involved with to further the EDC’s mission to aggressively attract, retain and grow jobs in the region while engaging our partners. For a list of EDC board members, click here. All terms begin Oct. 1, 2015.