This week at VISIT FLORIDA’s Digital Innovation Forum in Orlando, travel technology start-ups from all over the U.S. present their innovative products.
As a low cost, high opportunity market for technology (JLL Technology), Orlando hosts diverse clusters of cybersecurity, game, mobile app and software development, data analytics, financial technology, and more. Three of the thirteen startups presenting at the Digital Innovation Forum are located in Orlando. These companies include:
- Flip.to, a digital marketing platform that delivers measurable results for the hospitality industry, based in Maitland.
- Biz Airlines, a business travel booking solution that delivers the most cost effective way for executives to fly the main global air shuttles, based in Orlando.
- iResponze, an online review response provider that helps hotels and restaurants manage online comments and reviews, founded in Orlando.
Orlando-based technology companies have seen recent remarkable successes in the last month, including:
- BlurtBox, an Orlando-based data analytics software firm, secured a venture capital deal worth $250,000. Founded in 2015, BlurtBox has over 30,000 app downloads and 6,000 business using their service.
- Orlando-based tech firm uBreakiFix recently landed a partnership with Google. This fast-growing electronic repair company is collaborating with Google to give customers access to manufacturer-backed, same-day repair services for the newly released Google phone.
- IDEAS is providing the “WOW” factor for the 2017 Super Bowl LIVE fan festival. IDEAS created a ride called Future Flight, which delivers a dynamic virtual reality journey into deep space. IDEAS partnered with NASA to include actual footage from Mars. Future Flight also includes a 90-foot drop tower – transporting the rider back to Earth and landing just in time for the kickoff of Super Bowl LI. Based in Orlando, IDEAS was created in 2001 in a management-buyout of a division of The Walt Disney Co. that creates, designs and activates experiential brands through media, immersive experiences and training.
- Orlando-based IZEA, Inc. recently collaborated with VISIT FLORIDA to produce virtual reality (VR) 360-degree videos that highlight Florida’s unique vacation and tourism experiences. The partnership was announced after IZEA launched the world’s first VR influencer network.
Learn more about Orlando as a great place for your technology business here: www.OrlandoEDC.com/tech